- Download PDF Version available for use with email and print distribution.
To: Priests, Deacons, Parish and School Staff
From: Paula Gwynn Grant, Director, Office of Communications
Twitter, a popular social media platform, discovered a bug in its system that left passwords exposed.
By recommendation of Twitter and in an effort to protect all archdiocesan communications, we urge you to update your Twitter passwords.
In keeping secure passwords, the Office of Information Technology advises the following:
1. Routinely change passwords every 3 to 6 months
2. Enable two-factor authentication
3. Set up complex passwords using these requirements:
• Does not contain all or part of the user’s account name
• Is at least 10 characters in length
• Contains characters from three of the following four categories:
o Includes a minimum of one English upper case characters
o Includes a minimum of one English lower case characters
o Includes a minimum of one number
o Includes a minimum of one non-alpha-numeric characters (For example: !,$#,%)
For more information regarding social media, please contact the Office of Communications at firstname.lastname@example.org.