- Download PDF Version available for use with email and print distribution.
To: Pastors, priests, deacons, religious brothers and sisters, principals and parish staff
From: Andy Lichtenwalner, Director, Office of Formation and Discipleship; Jenni Weldin, Director, Safe Environment
With the support of Archbishop Gregory Hartmayer, OFM Conv., on April 24-25, we will observe the third annual Safe Haven Sunday as an archdiocese. Thank you in advance for participating in this important initiative for our families and especially for the sake of our children and youth, which is occurring this year within the observance of National Child Abuse Prevention Month.
Due to the pandemic, we will be slightly altering the observance of Safe Haven Sunday. Elements include the following:
- Parishes (and schools) are highly encouraged to make available the free virtual resources through the text-to-join campaign and encourage parents to join the 7-day digital family challenge.
- Promotional kits from Covenant Eyes (in English) are available free to the first twenty-two (22) parishes that request them. The Safe Haven Sunday Promotional Kit makes it easy for a parish (or school) to promote the 7-day digital family challenge. The kit is full of promotional materials, including nine (9) yard signs, one (1) retractable banner and two-hundred and fifty (250) color flyers/bulletin inserts. Parishes that are able to purchase their own kit for $150 can do so here. To request a free promotional kit, please contact Patrick Metts at firstname.lastname@example.org or (404) 920-7643. Select promotional resources will be created in Spanish and made available on our website.
- The third-year resource booklet for parents and guardians (available in English and Spanish), entitled Connected: How Strong Family Relationships Lead to Internet-Safe Kids, will be free and made available by a text-to-join campaign.
- Parishes are highly encouraged to make available the free resources through the website cleanheart.online/archdiocese-atlanta.
For more information and additional resources, such as a homily video (coming soon), please visit our website. The resources will be updated periodically, so check back often.
If you have questions or would like to request a free promotional kit, please contact Patrick Metts at email@example.com or (404) 920-7643. Thank you!