- Download PDF Version available for use with email and print distribution.
To: Priests, deacons, brothers, sisters, principals, parish and chancery staff
From: Maureen Smith, Director, Office of Communications
The Office of Communications presents last week’s media coverage of the Archdiocese of Atlanta in the news and The Georgia Bulletin.
In case you missed them, please see below for links to last week’s featured stories:
The Georgia Bulletin
- Georgia natives ordained to transitional diaconate
- Pope announces new cardinals, including U.S. Bishop McElroy
- Forest Park and Haitian communities say farewell to beloved priest
- Ordinations to the Priesthood today at Cathedral of Christ the King, Atlanta GA !!!
- Happy 80th anniversary to Sacred Heart in Griffin, GA! The exact date of decree is unknown, but the first resident priest arrived when the Redemptorists began administering the church in June of 1942.
- We’re excited to be back to in person conferences and are looking forward to presenting at our Association of Catholic Diocesan Archives conference in July!
- Many parishes are devoting attention and resources to ministry with Catholic young adults. Bishop Konzen explains why.
- Each month, @Pontifex asks us to pray for a specific intention. During June, please join us in praying for families.
- A very special day in every regard! @archatl
- Annual Survey Provides Snapshot of the Permanent Diaconate in the United States
- Statement of U.S. Bishops’ President Upon the Naming of Bishop Robert McElroy to the College of Cardinals
Please share this information in your bulletin, newsletters, websites and social media.