- Download PDF Version available for use with email and print distribution.
To: Priests and deacons
From: Fr. Paul A. Burke, J.C.L., adjutant judicial vicar, Metropolitan Tribunal
In an effort to process lack of canonical form cases expeditiously, we need your assistance in making sure that the following items are observed:
- The application needs to be legible (preferably typed) and fully completed.
- Please ensure that addresses (including apartment number) are correct, as well as telephone numbers.
- Signatures, dates and parish seals (preferably using colored ink) should be affixed to the completed form(s).
- Legal documents must be originals or certified copies.
- Baptismal certificates (with notations) should be dated within the last six months of the application.
- If official documents are in a language other than English or Spanish, please provide an official translation of the same documents.
N.B. PHOTOS OF OFFICIAL DOCUMENTS ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE WITH ANY APPLICATION.
By following these procedures, we will avoid having to return incomplete applications, which, given the inefficiency of the postal system, will unduly delay the processing of the cases.
Thank you for your cooperation and support.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or (404) 920-7514.