- Download PDF Version available for use with email and print distribution.
To: Pastors, deacons, DRE’s and secretaries
From: Mardessa Smith, Sr. Executive Assistant, Office of the Archbishop
The scheduling of confirmations taking place between August 2021 and December 2021 has begun. Please complete and submit the attached request form by mail or e-mail (one submission only). If you choose to submit the request form by e-mail, be sure to attach the completed form to the e-mail.
Please note that the request forms are handled on a first-come first-serve basis on Archbishop Hartmayer, Bishop Konzen and Bishop Shlesinger’s calendar. Parishes will be notified via email with a letter confirming the date, time and respective bishop no later than Monday, February 8. If you have any questions about scheduling a confirmation, please contact me by phone at (404) 920-7303 or e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org.
POINTS TO CONSIDER:
- Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays are the most requested days for confirmation. Parishes located within the perimeter, please choose a weeknight for your confirmation if possible.
- The bishops are not available on the following dates in 2021:
September 13 – September 17
November 15 – November 18
- If the number of confirmation candidates is fewer than ten, consider joining with a neighboring parish or celebrating the Sacrament of Confirmation every two years. If the number of candidates is larger than 80 or 100, consider having two liturgies.
- The spring 2022 confirmation schedule will open on Monday, May 31, 2021.
- The fall 2022 confirmation schedule will open on Monday, January 3, 2022.