- Download PDF Version available for use with email and print distribution.
To: Pastors, principals and business managers
From: Deacon Dennis Dorner Sr., Chancellor/Director of Permanent Diaconate
Online updating for The Official Catholic Directory 2021 edition has begun. This year’s updates are due by Friday, November 13.
You should have received a notification email from NPR Direct with instructions on submitting updates using the Catholic Directory’s online portal. Please see the attachment for additional information from The Official Catholic Directory. If you did not receive the login email, please contact The Official Catholic Directory at email@example.com.
Some general notes on submissions:
- Even if there are no changes, every listed entity needs to submit their information for 2021.
- All parishes and missions should enter most recent sacramental data.
- No entity should delete a sub-organization and then re-add it. Deleting a sub-organization should only happen if it is to be removed from the directory.
- Parishes should not add groups, activities or cemeteries, as sub-organizations. We do not list youth activities, adult religious education, meetings or groups in the directory.
- For the parishes that have been incorporated, the following positions will be listed and should be completed as outlined below:
- Pastor also named as President,
- Deacon Dorner as Secretary, and
- Pastor/other named person as Treasurer
- On the USCCB Certification tab, most entities will select the top option indicating no change. Parishes that relocated should check the box about a change in primary address.
- Submission protocol: After you input all your changes and have saved them, you need to Submit the data. You will need to hit Submit twice (see attached).
If you have questions on parish legal incorporation information, please contact Ian Trutt at ITrutt@archatl.com.
If you have technical questions on accessing or updating the online portal, please contact The Official Catholic Directory at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any additional questions, please contact Jenny Miles at email@example.com.