- Download PDF Version available for use with email and print distribution.
To: Priests, deacons, brothers, sisters, principals, parish and chancery staff
From: Maureen Smith, Director, Office of Communications
The Office of Communications presents last week’s media coverage of the Archdiocese of Atlanta in the news and The Georgia Bulletin.
In case you missed them, please see below for links to last week’s featured stories:
The Georgia Bulletin
- Pope announces new cardinals, including U.S. Archbishop Gregory
- Cardinal-designate Gregory thanks pope ‘with grateful, humble heart’
- A sense of community can help those grieving in a pandemic
- Community reacts with joy to former archbishop’s elevation to cardinal
- New Catholic ministry serves poor in north Georgia
- The 2020-21 Atlanta contingent at SVDP, with Archbishop Hartmayer and Fr. Gerardo Ceballos, his priest secretary.
- We are highlighting the first Archivist for the Archdiocese of Atlanta, Anthony “Tony” Dees. Tony was a parishioner at Sacred Heart of Jesus in Atlanta, and an accomplished archivist.
- Did you know Georgia used to have a trailer ministry? Also called a motor chapel, this vehicle would travel around Georgia in the 1930s and 1940s ministering to people in rural communities.
- This morning I celebrated the holy Mass at Monsignor Donovan High School in Athens, GA. What a great Catholic School!!!
- A great visit to St. Vincent de Paul Regional Seminary. The Diocese of Savannah and the Archdiocese of Atlanta are blessed to have these fine men studying to serve the holy people of Georgia.
- It looks like everyone had a fun day @SJEeagles! @archatl
- It looks like an ex”cell”ent lesson @StJosephAthens! @archatl
- U.S. Bishop Chairmen Support Protection of Women’s and Girls’ Sports
- Confraternity of Christian Doctrine Funds Catholic Biblical Literacy and Catholic Biblical Interpretation Projects
- Statement of U.S. Bishops’ President Upon the Naming of Archbishop Wilton D. Gregory to the College of Cardinals
- National Vocation Awareness Week to be Celebrated November 1-7, 2020
- The Plague of Human Trafficking and Care for Creation
- Memorial Mass for Bernard Edward Shlesinger, Jr.
Please share this information in your bulletin, newsletters, websites and social media.