- Download PDF Version available for use with email and print distribution.
To: Priests, deacons, brothers, sisters, principals, parish and chancery staff
From: Maureen Smith, Director, Office of Communications
The Office of Communications presents last week’s media coverage of the Archdiocese of Atlanta in the news and The Georgia Bulletin.
In case you missed them, please see below for links to last week’s featured stories:
The Georgia Bulletin
- Capuchin Franciscans begin ministry in Atlanta
- Newly married couples find joy despite changed plans
- Good Samaritan offers drive-in Masses
- Catholic Foundation donors honored for spiritual stewardship
- Prayer, action encouraged to end racism
- Colombia native takes on role of assistant director of Hispanic, Latino cultures
- Catholic center house opens at University of West Georgia
- Please join Catholics in the @archatl and around the world in praying for respect for the planet’s resources in the month of September.
- It is great to see our 8th grade students develop into leaders and set the example for future students to come!
- Glad to see your new Pre-K4 Class doing so well @SJCS_MariettaGA!
- Some photos of today’s Sunday Mass and Confirmations at St Clare of Assisi in Acworth, GA.
- I would like to thank Bishop-elect Stephen Parkes for celebrating Mass at the Chancery in Atlanta
- Now more than ever we look to the guidance of our shepherd here on Earth, Pope Francis, to lead us, his flock.
- Flashback Friday: On this date in 1963, the “March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom” took place, where Martin Luther King Jr. gave his famous “I Have a Dream” speech.
- David DesPres is in his second year of theology studying for the Archdiocese of Atlanta where his home parish is St. Augustine.
- Bishop Chairman Issues Labor Day Statement on Rebuilding a Dignified Post-COVID World
- Bishop Chairmen Issue Statement for Sixth Anniversary of World Day of Prayer for the Care of Creation
Please share this information in your bulletin, newsletters, websites and social media.