- Download PDF Version available for use with email and print distribution.
To: Priests, deacons, brothers, sisters, principals, parish and chancery staff
From: Maureen Smith, Director, Office of Communications
The Office of Communications presents last week’s media coverage of the Archdiocese of Atlanta in the news and The Georgia Bulletin.
In case you missed them, please see below for links to last week’s featured stories:
The Georgia Bulletin
- Lebanon’s Catholic leaders seek help; here’s where to donate
- Atlanta Catechist Conference goes virtual on August 22
- Happy 35th anniversary to Saint Theresa of the Child Jesus Catholic Church – Douglasville, GA, which was elevated to a parish on August 8, 1985!
- Join Lucia Luzundo and William Cardona to hear more and discuss the pastoral letter against Racism and looking together, with humility and courage, at a horizon that can be filled with hope.
- Please pray for the Catholic schools of the @archatl as they open their doors today to begin the new school year.
- Our Eagles fly home tomorrow! Both on campus and virtual learning begins tomorrow! The building may have a few more signs than normal, and we won’t be physically altogether, but Jesus is still in the center of all that we do! #SJE @archatl @CathSchoolsATL
- We at St. Catherine of Siena Catholic School begin the year with prayers and thanksgiving to God for His guidance and blessings, and we are so grateful to @frneildhabliwala for coming to bless us at this start of our year.
- Welcome back OLV families! Click link in bio for video welcome from some of the OLV faculty, staff, and friends.
- As Saint Mary’s Catholic School celebrates 75 years amid a pandemic, the resolve of those who opened the school just days after the end of World War II remains.
- Here is how some metro Atlanta schools are handling in-person school
- Archbishop Gregory to Succeed Cardinal Dolan as Catholic Co-Chair of Consultation with the National Council of Synagogues
- Annual National Collection Supports Pastoral Efforts of the Church in Africa
- U.S. Bishops’ President and International Justice and Peace Chairman Join in Solidarity with the Suffering of Lebanon After Explosion in the Port of Beirut
Please share this information in your bulletin, newsletters, websites and social media.