- Download PDF Version available for use with email and print distribution.
To: Parishes and schools
From: Office of Archives and Records
It is a new year! Start the decade off right with a little office and record clean up. Due to our newly updated litigation hold, this is the perfect time to evaluate the records in your respective offices to determine what is past retention.
Please do not forget that our retention schedule is format-neutral! Remember to look at your electronic records in addition to your paper ones to determine if they are eligible for destruction.
Records may be shredded or deleted only with permission from the chancellor.
To get permission to destroy records:
- Use the Records Retention Schedule to determine if your records are eligible for destruction.
- REMINDER: Even though there have been updates, we are still under an existing Litigation Hold, please review the latest memo outlining what is included in the litigation hold before submitting your disposition form.
- Complete the Records Disposition Form and submit it to email@example.com.
- The disposition form will be returned to you upon approval of the chancellor.
- Once you have received your signed copy of the disposition form, you may proceed with destruction. Authorized employees should shred records. If you require a shredding vendor, we suggest I-Shred. You may reach I-Shred at 770-667-9111. The cost is approximately $4 per box of shredded materials. Do not include binders, as shredding the metal in binders is a fire hazard.
Please do not dispose of records unless you have received approval.
If you have any questions, we may be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 404-920-7690.