- Download PDF Version available for use with email and print distribution.
To: Priests, deacons, parish and school staff
From: Nichole Golden, Editor, The Georgia Bulletin
The Georgia Bulletin, the official newspaper of the Archdiocese of Atlanta, strives to inform, inspire, educate and strengthen the religious identity of the members of the Catholic community of North Georgia by providing significant local Catholic news, information, columns, commentaries and photographs, as well as national and international news related to the church.
The newspaper is published biweekly on Thursdays, with one issue only in June, July and August.
We would like to invite you to help us tell the story of the Catholic Church in our community. Send us your story ideas. Invite us to your events. If we can’t attend, submit a photo or a story. Tell us about what is happening to build the kingdom in our midst.
Here are some technical considerations:
• We welcome submissions of all types: story ideas, photographs and guest-written pieces. If you have an event that may warrant coverage by a reporter or photographer, please give a minimum of three weeks’ notice so that news staff may consider the request.
• All editorial material and advertisements for publication must be received by Thursday noon for the following Thursday edition. We have attached a schedule, but you can also find the production schedule and ad rate sheet for 2020-2021 at georgiabulletin.org/advertise.
• We are unable to publish everything submitted. Photographs must be of the highest quality. This means cell phone and tablet photos are sometimes rejected due to the resolution.
• Photos should have crisp, clear focus and must have captions identifying all the people in the photo. They should be properly framed and sent in high-resolution format, 300 dpi or higher.
• Posed group photos such as check presentation photos are not preferred. Action shots are more compelling. Photos serve to help tell your story.
• We do not print material that is divisive or proclaims teachings contrary to those of the Catholic Church. We also reserve the right to edit copy for length and correct grammar, spelling and conform to AP and Catholic News Service style.
Items may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions, contact the staff at 404-920-7430.
For advertising opportunities, please contact Tom Aisthorpe, Advertising Manager, at 404-920-7441 or email@example.com.