From: Maureen Cully, Director of Marketing, Catholic Foundation of North Georgia
For the third year, the Catholic Foundation sponsored #iGiveCatholic in the Archdiocese of Atlanta. It was another very successful year, with 94 ministries benefiting and more than $682,632 raised thanks to 3,150 donors.
- Dollars raised: Immaculate Heart of Mary Catholic Church in Atlanta: $48,200 from 121 donors
- Number of donors: St. Lawrence Catholic Church in Lawrenceville: $44,242 from 382 donors
- High School: St. Pius X Catholic High School in Atlanta: $140,718 from 336 donors (3rd year in a row!) raised for their annual fund. Also top school in the U.S. in funds raised.
- Grade School: Queen of Angels Catholic School in Roswell: $72,123 from 239 donors raised for their annual fund.
- Pre-School: St. Catherine’s Preschool in Kennesaw: $10,194 from 95 donors raised for creating an outdoor classroom. This year was the first time preschools participated in our archdiocese.
- Campus Catholics of West Georgia in Carrollton: Raised $16,311 from 86 donors towards a Catholic Center on campus. First time participating in #iGiveCatholic.
Additional success stories:
- Locally, 72.3 percent of fees were covered by donors.
- 16 percent of donors were new to the organization.
- Average gift was $193.
- All archdiocesan Catholic schools had at least one donation.
- Holy Redeemer Catholic School in Johns Creek: Exceed goal thanks to the “Murray Mustache Challenge” in which all the teachers and staff had to wear mustaches on Giving Tuesday if $2,500 was met.
- Aquinas Center of Theology at Emory University: Raised more than double their goal of $4,000 to bring Spanish language programming to the community.
- At the national level, #iGiveCatholic raised more than $7.4 million throughout 37 dioceses and archdioceses.
Breakdown of Funds Raised:
- 58 percent of funds raised benefited schools – $395,393.18 (94percent or $373,278.18 from archdiocesan schools)
- 29 percent of funds raised benefited parishes – $200,293.77
- 13 percent of funds raised benefited ministries – $86,945.39