- Download PDF Version available for use with email and print distribution.
To: Parish and school staff
From: Alex Hagan, Claims/Risk Manager, Catholic Mutual Group
This is just a reminder that the cold weather will soon be upon us. I have listed some tips on how to avoid the inconvenience that a frozen pipe causes:
- Sprinkler pipes in attic crawl spaces: Insulate all water pipes and sprinkler pipes in attic and crawl space areas.
- Insulate exterior faucets, pipes: to keep them from freezing.
- Trickle: Run a small trickle of water especially on faucets that are located on outside walls.
- Thermostat: Keep your thermostat at 55 degrees if you will be leaving a building overnight.
- Cabinet doors: Open cabinet doors to allow heat to pipes under sinks.
- Water lines in ceiling: If you have water pipes in ceilings, remember to open some ceiling tiles for the coldest nights to help ensure that some warm air circulates in the ceiling to help prevent the pipes from freezing.
If you have any questions, please contact Alex Hagan of Catholic Mutual at 404-920-7377 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the event of a loss, please contact Belfor Property Restoration at 1-800-856-3333 or Sherrie Boylan at 770-490-2072.