- Download PDF Version available for use with email and print distribution.
To: Clergy and Parish Leaders
From: Patrick Metts, LPC, Marriage, Family and Pastoral Care; Office of Formation & Discipleship
October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month. Annually, the Office of Formation & Discipleship updates our on-line resources and referral information currently available in English, Spanish, and Vietnamese. Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with the resources below and consider printing pamphlets to raise awareness in your parish.
The pamphlet Domestic Violence: Break the Silence, Stop the Cycle is a helpful tool in ministry and provides you with a quick reference for local resources. To download, go to http://archatl.com/ministries-services/pastoral-care-ministry/domestic-violence/.
- When I Call for Help is available online or for purchase. Also available are Resource Cards that give warning signs of abuse and a hotline number.
- Preaching Resource on Domestic Violence Throughout the Liturgical Year
- This English/Spanish Sign, with the National Domestic Violence Hotline and space to add local resources, is designed for use in restrooms.
- Life Matters: Domestic Violence – a pamphlet from the USCCB’s Pro-Life Secretariat.
- Made for Love, Episode 4: When Love Means Leaving (Domestic Violence).
- More information can be found on the USCCB’s Domestic Violence Page.
For further information, please contact me at 404.920.7643 or email@example.com.