- Download PDF Version available for use with email and print distribution.
To: Priests, Deacons, Brothers, Sisters, Principals, Parish and Chancery Staff
From: Cameron Chaney, Communications Assistant, Office of Communications
The Office of Communications presents last week’s media coverage of The Archdiocese of Atlanta in the news and The Georgia Bulletin.
In case you missed them, please see below for links to last week’s featured stories:
•Junior theology students in Dr. Hall & Mrs. Farrell’s classes participate in “Kosher Chopped,” to process they knowledge of Jewish dietary laws. Teams must follow dietary laws to prepare dishes that are judged by the instructors and faculty volunteers. @archatl
• Here’s a message from Dan Korenchan (@archchicago) and Colin Patrick (@archatl and @MilArchUSA)–two of our returning seminarians who finished up Pre-Theology and will begin their Theology studies this year. Please keep them in your prayers!
• The new website for the FSSP’s Atlanta parish, St. Francis de Sales Catholic Church, is now online. Please visit it, sign up for the email lists, and spread the word!
• Happy 60th anniversary to Sts. Peter & Paul Catholic Church, which became a parish on August 27, 1959!
• #throwbackthursday to earlier this month. We would like to thank everyone who attended & everyone helped out at the 2019 Atlanta Catechist Conference! We had our biggest conference ever with almost 1600 in attendance.
• President of the USCCB and Committee Chairmen of International Justice and Peace and Domestic Justice and Human Development issue a statement of concern regarding the fires in the Amazon
• USCCB Committee Chairmen Commend Administration for Actions Enforcing Conscience Law on Abortion
• USCCB Chairman issues Labor Day statement during the centenary year of the United States Bishops’ Program of Social Reconstruction
Please share this information in your bulletin, newsletters, websites and social media.