- Download PDF Version available for use with email and print distribution.
To: Priests, Deacons, Brothers, Sisters, Principals, Parish and Chancery Staff
From: Tom Hardy, Director, Office of Information Technology
Many of you have contacted the Office of Information Technology about recent fraud attempts targeting our parishes.
With the help of the Office of Communications, our office works diligently to send information to you as quickly as possible when we are aware of scams that may affect our communities.
Here are a few scam alerts we have sent out in recent months:
• Scam Alert – Man Asking for Money and I-Tunes Gift Cards from Multiple Churches – May 29
• Scam Alert – “Pastor” Email Asking for Money – May 14
• Scam Alert – Man Asking for Money from Multiple Churches – April 9
• Ransomware Attack Alert – March 26
• Email Scam Alert – February 12
• Money Wiring Scam – February 5
Archbishop Gregory talked about this issue recently in The Georgia Bulletin.
Please make it a priority to keep office staff and parishioners aware of any scams that affect your parish. Some of our parishes have done this by sending emails and e-newsletters.
If you have any questions or need to report a scam, please contact the Office of Information Technology at email@example.com or 404-920-7450.