- Download PDF Version available for use with email and print distribution.
To: Pastors, Deacons, Religious Education Directors and Secretaries
From: Mardessa Smith, Sr. Executive Assistant, Office of the Archbishop
The scheduling of Confirmations taking place between January 2019 and July 2019 has begun. Please complete and submit the attached request form by mail, fax or email (one submission only). If you choose to submit the request form via email, please attach the completed form. Requests that are incomplete will be returned.
Request forms are handled on a first come, first serve basis for the calendars of Archbishop Gregory, Bishop Konzen or Bishop Shlesinger. Parishes will be notified via email with a letter confirming the date, time and respective bishop no later than July 2, 2018.
If you have any questions about scheduling a Confirmation, please contact me by phone at (404) 920-7303 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays are the most requested days for Confirmation. For parishes located within the perimeter, please choose a weeknight for your Confirmation if possible.
• The bishops are not available on the following dates in 2019:
o January 7-11, 2019
o May 25, 2019
o June 10-14, 2019
• If the number of Confirmation candidates is fewer than ten (10), consider joining with a neighboring parish or celebrate the Sacrament of Confirmation every two years. If the number of candidates is more than 80, please request two liturgies.
• The Fall 2019 Confirmation schedule will open Monday, January 7, 2019.
• The Spring 2020 Confirmation schedule will open on Monday, June 3, 2019.